NYU Langone Medical Center
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes eight primary care sites, 40 school-based health centers and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nation’s largest dental residency program, and New York State’s largest behavioral health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs. Learn more about Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FHC Epic Operations Coord.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for relationship as it pertains to the training of the Epic access-related applications across all FHC locations; and provides user support of the Epic applications after installation. The Epic Operations Coordinator will perform user training and work with the FHC Epic Operations Manager to facilitate the operational capabilities of the Epic access application components to the EPIC system. The EMR Implementation Coordinator works closely with onsite leadership, medical center EPIC teams, and FHC quality department. The ideal candidate must understand and improve on workflows using all aspects of the Epic system.
- Participate in relevant meetings and report and update Director/team as appropriate
- Trains and supports system users (administrative & clinical staff) in the operational use of the Epic access applications during both implementation and post deployment. Trains new functionality as needed and identifies opportunities for retraining.
- Partners with IT, IT Trainers and IT Analysts on the coordination of all aspects of Epic implementations and optimization projects
- Creates and fosters a working relationship with assigned FHC locations and ensures that practice issues are dealt with in an efficient manner.
- Troubleshoot and triage hardware and software problems to the appropriate IT Services personnel and follows up, if third party assistance is needed.
- Liaises with NYU IT team to ensure appropriate use of resources for the completion of Epic implementation and optimization projects.
- Works with FHC Operations Asst Dir to deploy, implement and enhance the usage of Epic access applications.
- Works with Epic and NYU IT/EPIC to resolve application issues for FHC practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned
To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree required. Two to three years of successful experience in physician practice management and/or associated revenue cycle unit and/or EPIC Proficiency or other related medical record system. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines is required. Possess excellent oral and written communication and problem-solving skills. Excels at role modeling customer service skills with focus on the customer. Committed to improving quality and service and maintains a spirit of cooperation and respect. Takes initiative to enhance knowledge. Has good time management skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone’s network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: