Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes eight primary care sites, 40 school-based health centers and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nation’s largest dental residency program, and New York State’s largest behavioral health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs. Learn more about Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Patient Navigator.
In this role, the successful candidate works with multi-disciplinary team in delivering primary care services to the homeless people at designated outreach sites and clinics. They accompany clients to various appointments, creating appointments both within and outside of Lutheran and maintain linkage of care between patients.
- Collect, monitor and submit statistics on a weekly basis to ensure we meet funders deliverable and monitor HRSA indicators.
- Arrange for ACA/Medicaid expansion education forums for patients/program staff/shelter staff to ensure patients are duly informed and enrolled.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with HCH team members, ER staff and community partners.
- Educate hospital and community partners about unique needs and issues related to homelessness and access to health care.
- Assist patients to sustain efforts toward recovery, harm reduction and relapse prevention, promoting access to addiction care self-help groups and treatment programs in the community.
- Maintain patient linkages with care providers and partner agencies, promoting adherence to medical regimens, plans of care and achievement of self management goals.
- Facilitate patient navigation through systems of health care and social services, providing for public transportation and escort to appointments as needed and as available.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of strategies to facilitate referrals, transitions, and communication among and between systems of care on behalf of patients who are homeless.
- Conduct outreach, in-reach, case-finding and education services to identify and serve individuals who are in need of healthcare and other services.
- Follow up with patients and providers to ensure appointments were kept.
- Creating appointments within, or outside of, the LFHC network for CMP patients in need of womens health screening services.
- Individual and group education for women identified by clinic or shelter staff identified regardless of risk for cervical or breast cancer.
To qualify you must have a Bachelors Degree in related field.
Three years healthcare related experience, outreach and navigation; comfortable working in a homeless shelter situation and comfortable making contact with homeless individuals in general.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone’s network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: